Enhanced Benefits Program
Delta Dental of Illinois' Enhanced Benefits Program enhances coverage for individuals who have specific health conditions that can be positively affected by additional oral health care.
The Enhanced Benefits Program is based on scientific evidence that shows treating and preventing oral disease in these situations can improve overall health. Our Enhanced Benefits Program includes additional cleanings and/or applications of topical fluoride. The program addresses the unique health challenges faced by people with conditions that put them at risk for oral health disease, and can also play an important role in the management of an individual's medical condition. The costs of the additional cleanings and fluoride treatments, if applicable, will be applied to a member's annual maximum.
Dentists must complete a brief health-history statement for their patient to be eligible for these important benefits. Members may complete this statement themselves, or their dentist may complete it for the member. Further instruction is provided on the Dentist Connection. How to register for Dentist Connection here.
Once a patient is enrolled, he/she is immediately eligible for the enhanced benefits. Those eligible for Delta Dental of Illinois' Enhanced Benefits Program include:
- People with periodontal (gum) disease.
- People with diabetes.
- Pregnant women.
- People with high-risk cardiac conditions.
- People with kidney failure or who are undergoing dialysis.
- People undergoing cancer-related chemotherapy and/or radiation.
- People with suppressed immune systems due to HIV positive status, organ transplant, and/or stem cell (bone marrow) transplant.
- People with special needs such as a physical, medical, developmental and/or cognitive needs, including those with autism, Alzheimer's disease, Down syndrome, spinal cord injuries and other conditions where modifications are necessary to provide the best oral health treatment possible.