Spicy roasted chickpeas
Did you know chickpeas aren’t really peas? They’re garbanzo beans! And their nutty taste makes them perfect for snacking any time — like while you watch your favorite flicks.
These low-calorie roasted chickpeas are packed with fiber and protein, so you’ll get full without binging while you binge-watch. They’re also rich in teeth-strengthening phosphorus and folic acid, which keeps your mouth healthy by promoting cell growth.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Drain cans of garbanzo beans and rinse with water.
- Spread beans on paper towel and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper and spread dried beans evenly on sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes until crunchy.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix with olive oil.
- Stir in seasonings.