Grilled Shrimp & Roasted Pepper Pizza
• 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
• 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
• 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
• Juice of 1 lime
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 pound prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
• 1 cup roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and chopped
• 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, onion, olive oil, chipotle peppers, lime zest and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook shrimp and onion mixture in a pan on medium heat for five minutes, turning every minute or two until shrimp is cooked through. Set aside.
4. Roll the pizza dough into a 14-inch circle and place it on a pizza pan. Cook for ten minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Lightly brush the crust with olive oil and top with shrimp and onion mixture, red peppers and goat cheese.
6. Place pizza back in oven and cook for ten minutes or until goat cheese is melted and toppings are lightly browned.
7. Sprinkle pizza with cilantro and enjoy.