Cheesy barbecue-chicken zucchini boats
Your family will love the cheesy flavor of these zucchini boats. You’ll love the fact that they’re easy to prepare and make great leftovers. High in protein and teeth-strengthening nutrients, this melty meal is also low in carbs, making it a tooth-friendly dinner.
4 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
1½ tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
½ red onion, diced
1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 cup low-sugar barbecue sauce
1¼ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 9x13 pan with olive oil.
2. Scoop out centers from zucchini, leaving a ¼ -inch rim to create boats. Place zucchini in pan and brush with a tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to skillet and place over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cooked chicken, ½ cup barbecue sauce and ½ cup cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into zucchini boats.
5. Top each with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and 1½ tablespoons cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until cheese has melted and zucchini is tender.