2 mashed ripe bananas (about 3/4 cup)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup fat-free milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup sugar substitute
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine bananas, canola oil, egg, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl; mix well and set aside.
3. In a separate small bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sugar substitute, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
5. Add in chopped walnuts.
6. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray, or use paper liners, and spoon batter into each.
7. Bake 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.