Beef and broccoli stir fry
Posted on January 27, 2020 in Recipes
You’ll be ready to skip takeout with this tasty, low-calorie meal that’s surprisingly quick and easy to make at home. As a bonus, the broccoli is an excellent source of calcium which is a vital mineral for the health of your teeth.1
1 pound sirloin steak
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup water
4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
- Slice sirloin steak into thin strips.
- Place steak into a large plastic bag and pour in salt and half of the cornstarch. Shake until well coated.
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté beef in skillet, stirring constantly, for about 4 minutes or until it is no longer pink. Place beef in bowl and set aside.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add water and broccoli, cooking for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining cornstarch, vegetable broth and soy sauce in a separate dish.
- Put soy sauce mixture and beef in skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.