Enjoy this savory treat that’s packed with spices. It’s just as tasty as fried falafel but much healthier. Plus, the chickpeas are rich in protein that protects your tooth enamel and fiber that cleans your mouth and gums.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can chickpeas (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
1/2 cup white onion, finely diced
1 cup fresh parsley
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon coriander
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Add chickpeas, onion, parsley and cilantro to a food processor and blend until combined but still chunky.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined with a fine texture.
- Take 2 tablespoons of mixture at a time and roll into balls.
- Place balls on baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve in a low-carb, whole-grain pita, on a salad or eat it plain.