Baked avocado egg
Break up your breakfast routine! Pair your egg with a creamy and tasty baked avocado.
Together, avocados and eggs provide a protein-packed start to your day. They’re full of vitamins C and D, potassium and phosphorus for strong teeth and healthy gums.
1 large ripe but firm avocado, at room temperature
2 medium eggs
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise.
- Remove the avocado pit and enough flesh to make a cavity for the egg.
- Season the avocado halves using half the kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place in the baking dish.
- Pour an egg into each avocado half.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until the egg whites are set.
- Season with the remaining kosher salt and black pepper, red pepper flakes and parsley.