Why You Need Dental Insurance
Looking for ways to keep your family healthy? Good food, exercise and regular doctor checkups are important. But, so is dental insurance. Regular dental visits keep both your teeth and body healthy.
Studies show that people with dental benefits are 50 percent more likely to go to the dentist and get the preventive care and treatment they need. But why is dental insurance important?
• You save money: By seeing your dentist regularly, you can prevent dental problems or treat them before they get serious – and expensive.
• You save time: Treating problems before they become too painful or out of control will save hours of lost work and school time.
• Your overall health improves: Dental infections can lead to more severe health problems, such as diabetes, heart disease, and some cancers. Your dentist can screen for oral health problems and other diseases, and can also refer you to a physician.
• If you do need treatment, it will cost you less: Dentists who belong to dental carrier networks have agreed to discounted prices. So, not only will part of the cost be paid for by the dental insurance – any portion that's not covered will cost you less than if you didn't have dental insurance.
If you haven't been to a dentist in a long time, don't wait, especially if you have any of these symptoms:
• You have tooth pain or you're sensitive to hot and cold.
• Your gums are red, puffy and bleed when you brush your teeth.
• You have a bad taste in your mouth and your breath is consistently bad.
• Chewing and swallowing are difficult.
• You have sores or spots in your mouth that won't go away.
• You have a chronic medical condition such as diabetes, HIV or cardiovascular disease.
Don't be afraid to go to the dentist. Delta Dental of Illinois offers individual and group dental benefits.