Wisdom Tooth Award Application Now Open
The Delta Dental of Illinois Foundation is now accepting applications for its second annual Wisdom Tooth Award. The $100,000 annual award will recognize one Illinois nonprofit organization that has made a significant impact on improving Illinois children's oral health with a proven program that provides oral health education and/or access to oral health resources and care.
“The Delta Dental of Illinois Foundation is looking forward to granting our second Wisdom Tooth Award to an Illinois organization that makes a significant impact on the lives and well-being of Illinois children,” said Frank Maggio, DDS, chair of the Delta Dental of Illinois Foundation Board of Directors. “We are thrilled to be able to again recognize a deserving organization that is providing oral health access and/or education to Illinois children.”
The $100,000 Delta Dental of Illinois Foundation Wisdom Tooth Award was created to annually recognize an organization that has worked to improve the oral health of Illinois children. This signature grant is designed to help expand or enhance an existing children's oral health program in Illinois.
The application process opened on March 17, 2014, and will close at 5 p.m. Central Time on May 16, 2014. The Wisdom Tooth Award recipient will be announced in the summer of 2014. The organization that receives the award has up to two years to use the grant money.
Applicants will be evaluated on five criteria:
- Alignment with the Delta Dental of Illinois Foundation mission, vision and program areas.
- Program stability, longevity and success.
- Financial and operational stability.
- Positive or improved outcomes.
- Public awareness. (The top three grant submissions will be identified the week of June 16. The public will vote for their favorite organization through a Delta Dental of Illinois Facebook campaign. The Facebook voting will be used as one measure in the evaluation of the Wisdom Tooth Award recipient; the voting will not be the only factor in determining the recipient.)
To learn more about the Delta Dental of Illinois Foundation's programs and more, please visit deltadentalil.com/ddilfoundation.