Dental benefits keep your employees healthy. Adults with dental coverage are 31 percent more likely to visit the dentist regularly, which contributes to better oral health and overall health.1 Dentists can also detect signs and symptoms of more than 120 diseases, including diabetes and cancer.2 Healthier employees mean more productive employees with less time out of the office and more health care savings for employers.
Delta Dental of Illinois’ suite of small group products for Illinois groups with 2-150 eligible employees offers pooled rates to provide the best overall savings and provide coverage for preventive care, basic services, major services and orthodontia. Plus, we offer DeltaVision plans for groups too. Each plan offers tremendous flexibility, including:
- Three deductible options - Groups also have the option to waive the deductible for members who visit Delta Dental PPO℠ network dentists.
- Three annual maximum options - $1,000, $1,500 and $2,000
- Orthodontia option with two annual maximum options - $1,000 or $1,500
- Delta Dental’s Enhanced Benefits Program - This program is included with all plans and offers additional coverage to individuals who have specific health conditions that can be positively affected by additional oral health care.
- To Go℠ annual maximum carryover feature - Groups have the option to add the To Go feature, which allows members to carryover qualified unused portions from their annual maximum to subsequent years. Members can also receive credit for carryover maximums banked with other carriers’ plans.
- DeltaVision®* - Groups can add a vision plan to any dental plan.
Our pediatric dental plan, Individual Kids Preferred plan, offers small groups (2-150 employees) a plan companion/rider to our small group PPO plan offerings that meets the guidelines of the Affordable Care Act's (ACA) Pediatric Dental Essential Health Benefit (EHB). Groups do not have to purchase a pediatric dental coverage from a medical carrier, and the pediatric dental EHB does not have to be embedded in a medical plan.
DeltaCare Dental HMO/Closed Panel/Capitation Model - Groups have a choice of adding DeltaCare, which can be coupled with any of our pooled product offerings.
*DeltaVision is provided by ProTec Insurance Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Delta Dental of Illinois, in association with EyeMed Vision Care networks.
1 Delta Dental 2017 Adult Oral Health Survey
2 Steven L. Bricker, Robert P. Langlais, and Craig S. Miller, Oral Diagnosis, Oral Medicine and Treatment Planning (Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 1994)