Network Dentist Support Program
To support our Delta Dental PPO™ and Delta Dental Premier® network dentists during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are introducing the Delta Dental of Illinois Network Dentist Support Program (NDSP). The NDSP will provide financial support to Delta Dental PPO and Delta Dental Premier network practices that are following the CDC and ADA recommendations to close for all non-emergency care. The intent of this program is to help practices cover operating expenses during this challenging time.
If a Delta Dental of Illinois PPO and Premier dental practice applies for this benefit, Delta Dental of Illinois will consider the average clinical reimbursement payments from 2019, excluding payments related to the State of Illinois contract, as well as payments related to orthodontia. Based on that average, Delta Dental of Illinois will provide a support payment to the dental practice at the applicable percentage for network. These support payments are interest-free, and repayment is scheduled in three equal amounts over a three-month period beginning August 1, 2020. If a dental practice is not able to repay that amount on the proposed schedule, Delta Dental of Illinois will offset the repayments against the dental practice’s future clinical reimbursement payments.
Please see below for additional details. To learn the amount of your support payment, please contact our dedicated Delta Dental of Illinois Customer Service Team at 800-323-1743. Then, press “0” or say, “customer service.” A message will direct you to press 1 to reach our support team dedicated to the NDSP. You will need your dental office TIN.
These support payments will be distributed through Automated Clearing House (ACH) in one payment within two weeks after Delta Dental of Illinois receives and accepts your application and signed agreement (as further described below). If your dental practice is not signed up for electronic funds transfer (EFT)/Direct Deposit, you will also need to complete this form. For questions about EFT/direct deposit, please contact Delta Dental of Illinois Professional Relations at email@example.com or 630-718-4990.
- Participate in our Delta Dental PPO or Delta Dental Premier network.
- Office is located in Illinois.
- Be in “good network standing” with Delta Dental of Illinois.
- Following recommendations to close for all non-emergency care.
- Complete the NDSP application below. Once an application is approved, we will send you the NDSP Agreement.
- Application acceptance is subject to Delta Dental of Illinois review.
- The dental practice owner should read and sign the Delta Dental of Illinois NDSP Agreement, and send it back, along with a completed Direct Deposit form, if necessary, to Delta Dental of Illinois via email at NDSP@deltadentalil.com or fax at 630-300-5547. We cannot accept paper or mailed contracts as all of our employees are working from home as a result of the Illinois shelter-in-place order.
- All applications and NDSP Agreements, along with direct deposit forms if necessary, must be received by 5 p.m. CST on Monday, April 13.
- Support payments will be made in one payment as part of your bulk Explanation of Payments statement and direct deposit, and will supplement any ongoing reimbursement payments, e.g., payments for emergency care and State of Illinois claim payments as claims are being paid on a lag and the State continues to fund claim payments.
- Support payments will be distributed through Automated Clearing House (ACH) in one payment within two weeks after the signed NDSP Agreement is accepted. If you are not signed up for EFT/Direct Deposit, you will also need to complete this form. For questions about EFT/direct deposit, please contact Delta Dental of Illinois Professional Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-718-4990.
- Support payments will equal 40% of the average weekly Delta Dental of Illinois clinical reimbursement payments for Delta Dental PPO network dentists and 25% for Delta Dental Premier network dentists.
- As mentioned above this excludes payments associated with the State of Illinois contract. It also excludes orthodontia; orthodontia treatment plans will continue to pay per established schedules.
- Practices with multiple locations will be aggregated. The cumulative support payments for any TIN may not exceed $30,000.
- Support payments must be repaid without any interest by the receiving practice over a three-month period beginning on August 1, 2020, and concluding on October 31, 2020. Participating Delta Dental PPO and Delta Dental Premier practices will be invoiced in three equal amounts over this period with payments due at the end of each month.
NOTE: THE NDSP APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT ARE LEGAL DOCUMENTS AND CONTAIN OBLIGATIONS AND PROMISES THAT WILL BE BINDING ON YOUR DENTAL PRACTICE. DELTA DENTAL OF ILLINOIS ENCOURAGES YOU TO CONSULT YOUR ATTORNEY AND/OR TAX ADVISOR, BUT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO DO SO. DELTA DENTAL OF ILLNOIS IS NOT PROVIDING YOU WITH LEGAL OR TAX ADVICE IN THIS DOCUMENT OR ANY OTHER COMMUNICATION OR AGREEMENT REGARDING THIS PROGRAM.