DeltaVision®* Adds Value
The importance of good vision care is easy to see.
DeltaVision* benefits give you important health insights beyond helping with vision correction.
With a comprehensive vision exam, it may be easier to find serious eye and general health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, glaucoma and cataracts sooner.1 With a clear view of blood vessels, arteries and nerves, our eyes give doctors a unique window into the human body and insights into our overall health.
Did you know...
- 5.3 million U.S. adults have diabetic retinopathy, which is the #1 cause of blindness in Americans 18 and older2
- 50,000 people lose their sight each year even though half of all cases of blindness can be prevented with proper care3
- 85% of adults want vision care coverage4
- 91% of consumers view vision benefits as important or very important5
* DeltaVision is provided by ProTec Insurance Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Delta Dental of Illinois, in association with EyeMed Vision Care networks.
1 “7 Health Problems Eye Exams Can Detect,” YourSightMatters.com, March, 2016.
2 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015.
3 American Academy of Opthalmology.
4 Vision Watch Vision Correct Standard, 2012.
5 Vision Monday, dba newsletter, 2013.