Because our mission is to improve the oral health of Illinois residents, we make oral health resources available.
Oral Health Resources
- State of Kids’ Oral Health in Illinois: A CDC survey detailing the National Center for Health Statistics findings on dental caries and sealant prevalence in children and adolescents in the United States.
- Illinois Children’s Healthcare Foundation: The Illinois Children's Healthcare Foundation (ILCHF) has a vison to ensure every child in Illinois has the opportunity to grow up healthy. They work through grantee partners across the state and focus its grant making on identifying and funding solutions to the barriers that prevent children from accessing the ongoing health care they need.
- iFloss: The IFLOSS Coalition is a public-private partnership founded in November of 1998 with a mission is improve the oral health of all Illinois residents through advocacy and education.
- Illinois Department of Public Health Division of Oral Health: The Division of Oral Health page provides school dental examination forms, oral health fact sheets and much more on oral health in Illinois.
- Illinois’ 2012 Oral Health Plan Healthy People, Healthy Smiles: The State of Illinois Department of Public Health released this agenda for action. Traditional and non-traditional sectors in the state work together to continue to improve the oral health of Illinois.
- Healthy Smile Healthy Growth: An assessment of oral health status and body mass index among Illinois third-grade children.
- Foundation Newsletter Read the latest issue of the Foundation’s eNewsletter.
- Annual Report A comprehensive report on the Delta Dental of Illinois’ activities throughout the past year.
- GRIN! For Kids Delta Dental of Illinois’ publication focused on oral health made for children released each season.
- Kids Oral Health Coloring Sheets Print out this fun activity and let your child’s imagination grow!
- Dentist By 1 The Foundation launched Dentist By 1 statewide in 2012 to educate caregivers about the importance of starting oral health habits early and getting children to the dentist by age 1.
- YourOralHealthHub.com – Ask a Dentist, Dental Score, Just for Kids, etc.
The $100,000 annual Wisdom Tooth Award recognizes one nonprofit organization that exemplifies dedication to improving oral health in Illinois. The Wisdom Tooth Award’s criteria and an online application are now available, as well as, the award’s philosophy and guidelines.
The Delta Dental of Illinois Foundation awards community grants to nonprofit organizations that work to improve Illinois children’s oral health by providing education and/or access to oral health resources and care. In order to guide our future grant-making efforts, the Foundation requires you to submit a final report at the completion of your project in the year following your grant award. This will assist the committee in monitoring progress with the grant and the impact from the funding.
Delta Dental of Illinois offers oral health supplies, such as toothbrushes, floss and toothpaste, as well as oral health brochures and materials as gifts in-kind.