Delta Dental of Illinois Launches Oral Health Hub to Educate Illinoisans
NAPERVILLE, Ill. - February 9, 2015 – Visiting the dentist helps maintain good oral and overall health. It also provides an opportunity to ask important questions. But what if you need an answer before your regularly scheduled appointment? Delta Dental of Illinois recently launched YourOralHealthHub.com to provide its members and Illinois consumers with dental resources between visits.
“We want people to have access to information that helps maintain good oral health every day, not just during their regular dental checkups,” said Dr. Katina Spadoni, dental director for Delta Dental of Illinois. “The new hub provides our members and anyone with or without dental insurance important information to improve their oral health.” In Illinois, only 30 percent of parents give their kids an “A” grade for oral health,1 and nearly one in four adults have unresolved oral health issues.2 “These statistics demonstrate a need for more educational resources for our state’s residents,” said Spadoni. “We hope that by providing more educational opportunities, we can further our mission to improve Illinoisans’ oral health.”
The Delta Dental of Illinois website now includes a Your Oral Health Hub with the following oral health information.
- An Ask a Dentist feature allows people to send oral health questions directly to Delta Dental of Illinois’ dental director.
- A library of videos and written articles covers a broad range of oral health topics – from wisdom teeth to infant care to understanding how dental health needs change over a lifetime.
- An online risk assessment tool, myDentalScore, allows people to generate an easy to understand oral health report that can be used to start a conversation about a personalized care plan with the dentist.
- A Just for Kids section provides links to a children’s magazine and fun Tooth Fairy activities for kids of all ages.
- A quarterly e-magazine, Grin!TM, provides timely and engaging information, including articles and seasonal recipes.
- A blog is updated regularly with oral health tips, news tidbits and other valuable dental health information.
For more information about how to improve your oral health or to ask Delta Dental of Illinois’ dental director a question directly, visit YourOralHealthHub.com.
About Delta Dental of Illinois
Delta Dental of Illinois (DDIL) is a not-for-profit dental service corporation that provides dental benefit programs to individuals and more than 5,000 employee groups throughout Illinois. DDIL covers 2 million individuals, employees and family members in these groups nationwide. DDIL is based in Naperville, Illinois and offers single-site administration and client services.
1 Kelton, a leading global insights firm, conducted the 2015 Delta Dental of Illinois Children’s Oral Health Survey. Interviews were conducted statewide via email with 231 parents of children ages 12 and under. For results based on the total sample of Illinois adults, the margin of error is ±6.5 percentage points at a 95 percent confidence level.
2 Morpace, Inc. conducted the 2014 Delta Dental of Illinois Oral Health and Well-Being Survey on behalf of Delta Dental of Illinois with 151 consumers across the state.