The $100,000 annual Wisdom Tooth Award recognizes one nonprofit Illinois organization that exemplifies dedication to improving oral health in the state through an existing program aimed at Illinois children. The organization has made a significant impact on improving oral health among children in the state with a proven program that provides oral health education and/or access to oral health resources and care in Illinois.
The 2014 Wisdom Tooth Award application process opens on March 17. You can view the philosophy and guidelines of the award here.
APPLY HERE for the 2014 Wisdom Tooth Award
Below is a timeline for the Wisdom Tooth Award process:
- Application Process Opens: March 17, 2014
- Application Deadline: May 16, 2014 by 5:00 p.m. Central Time.
- Wisdom Tooth Award Review Process: May -June 2014
Site visits may be scheduled during this time period.
- Top Three Proposals Identified and Social Media Component: week of June 16th.
- Grants Committee Review and Final Determination: Late June
- Wisdom Tooth Award Recipient Awarded: Late Summer
- Save the Date: The Wisdom Tooth recipient will receive an award reception in the city where the organization is headquartered. The Wisdom Tooth Award recipient will also be invited to attend a reception at Delta Dental of Illinois and Delta Dental of Illinois Foundation headquarters in Naperville in January 2015. Time to be determined.
- A report will be requested after the first year of funding and at the completion of the second year of funding.
Congratulations to the 2013 Wisdom Tooth Award Recipient: Promise Healthcare from Champaign, IL!
You can view the Wisdom Tooth Award & Community Grants News Release here.